Saturday, June 25, 2011

Dwelling of Saturday mind!!!


Woke up without the most annoying and inevitable sound of my phone alarm. Aah it is Saturday, most cherished morning of the week, though the heavy head and tiring feeling clogged the morning freshness. As promised to myself, I followed my routing of morning yoga. Once finished with yoga, I felt relieved, and heaviness was gone. I felt fresh to enjoy my Saturday, was excited to go to ALMA [my theater rehearsal place], suddenly I remembered it was an off day at ALMA, no rehearsal. God that is terrifying, what will I do the whole day, I felt depressed.  Lately I don’t enjoy company of people around me; I fill lost, disconnected with them.  I started looking for option to spend my day, after wondering for few minutes I turn on my idiot box which is more annoying than entertaining, its sympathetic reality shows which force you to empathize with sorry story and state of its contestant.  After switching through different channels and helping my mind to tire even more I turned to my laptop. I wasn’t that keen on connecting with the world through “facebook “, I checked few notifications and logged off quickly.  Finding nothing to hang on with, I turned to “Friends” series [I started watching friends last week and it has been my daily dose of entertainment for the last week], my savior. I fixed my eyes on the laptop screen, watching episode after episode, enjoying the series, sometimes even forcing myself to enjoy it, as nothing else which could entertain me, crossed my mind. Watching Rachel and Ross romancing, split thoughts crossed my mind, I too wanted to be with my special Her, I too wanted romance with her, to kiss her, to caress her. Sadly that still is a distant sweet imagination.  Hours passed by and my tired mind wandered for an alternative of the soap. I looked around, found my book that I am reading, picked that up, flipped the pages, and fixed my eyes to the paragraph I was reading last. Concentration was the last thing that the boredom of my mind allowed me to reach.  I don’t want to disrespect the writer of the book by not reading his book with attention; I decided to adjust the book mark and closed the book.  The wandering of nothing to do, scanning numbers in my phone book, do not help my boredom to banish. Enough was enough I can’t waste my Saturday wandering and tiring in my room, getting bored. I decided to roam outside. Sadly Bangalore doesn’t have places to wander around, and finally I landed up in a city mall, least crowed among all glitzy ones. Searching through different brand store, trialing few clothes, moving from one floor to another, I was as clueless as 30 minutes before when I had entered the mall. Nothing helped me and I ended up at the food transit, went to eat pav bhajji but ordered chole bature, I was even unsure what to eat. Once finished with my batura , I stilled wondered what to do, I ordered one cold coffee and sat in a corner on a high chair, from this high revolving chair I could glance down to stores. Suddenly the world was so colorful. Couples holding their hands, Children playing with their parents, jumping around in the game zones, mothers caring her child, Father s staring at the naughty ones. It all seemed full of life, it wasn’t boring as much, I thought, I got my smile on my face, Jumped out of the chair and strolled towards my favourite place in that mall, Crossword book shop. Scanning through shelves, I was not sure what books I was looking for. As happens often I gifted myself four books from Indian writers section. I can’t resist books, I bought two Bengali novels English translation, One by Sankar, and other of Satyajit Ray. I wasn’t satisfied with my states literature only; I bought one Punjabi writer’s English Novel and One Assamese writer’s story book, hoping I would get some more insight into the mind of these two mostly unknown cultures to me.  Once those books were in my hand I felt as if my friend are with me, I love my books, they talk to me honestly and allows me to be judgmental of them, to argue with them, to ponder on them as they know how much I love them.  With some sense of sanity, charm returned to me I walked downstairs, wandering with thoughts in the coziness of my restless mind. Here this is, Bangalore weather again played with me, it was raining cats and dog, I could not step out of the mall. I sat on one of the concrete shelf, surrounded by other people of all ages, with different emotion on their faces; all of them seem lost either in their group or within the compulsion of not being able to leave the mall. I was one among them, I open Satyajit Ray’s book, reading introduction of the translator who happens to be his wife, I was inquisitive as if I wanted to ask the translator many question but as it was she was answering my question as she pleased in her introduction of the book. Restless I was, I checked if the rain stopped, in between shifting the paragraphs, and I saw two beautiful ladies playing with their hair, they looked so beautiful; I smiled and kept looking at them for few seconds. Conscious of myself and to not to make a fool of myself, I forced my neck to bend and looked into the book again. It is hard to resist rare beautiful faces in the crowd and after few minutes I looked up again to find them not there, it was disappointing but to my happiness the rain had stopped. I gather few breathe and folding my book came out of the mall. I felt like walking in the lovely post rain, cloudy evening.  Gentle cold breeze blew around my ear; it relaxed me and made the evening pleasant.  Sadly the inefficient government road construction jolted my walking mood. It was flooded outside the mall, rain water and the drainage water flooded the road, this is what a 30 minute rain can do in our very own silicon valley. My, self grown sophistication apprehended me to step into the dirty water and the wave that the moving vehicles were generating on the flooded road.  I cursed the government for few minutes. Suddenly the child in me asked and cajoled me to step into the dirty water, I recalled how much I use to enjoy with friends in the rainy season, I  loved it when large trucks generated those waves on the flooded roads, how we use to wait on the side of the road to see trucks coming and running beyond the waters when they came closer. It was great fun then, all these thoughts made me step into the water, my jeans was almost drenched till the knee, the buses generated the waves once again, the dirty water went up till my knees, and many thoughts crossed my mind as I walked ahead on the flooded road. Suddenly I was kicking the water with joy, For the time being I felt off loaded of the sophisticated burden, I felt happiness, I recalled times doing nonsense stuff with friends, I recalled those endless discussion in our hostel rooms, I recalled those cursing the system and the vows to bring a change, I recalled a life well enjoyed and I walked ahead in this drenched Saturday humming songs. As I walked, I was careless of the world around me. I was enjoying myself, the cool breeze, the walk, it was all fun and it felt as if a romantic evening. I thought of special her, I thought of her beautiful face, I imagined being with my beautiful imagination of her. I hold her hand and walked with her, the light rain drops sprinkled from the sky as I walked ahead with Joy. I walked the happiness along with my happy imagination on this lovely Saturday evening. I thank her for being with me and I thank this day for coming for me. 

4 comments:

Nishit said...

Thank GOD for shifting ur focus frm Poetry...i thought u r on d verge of becoming another R.Tagore...but very well written...whenevr i went alone to any city mall, my friends ask me one question,"with whom u r going?". And when i say,"Alone!!!", they laugh at me. Nobody is alone, ur imagination is always with u n moreover i too like company of Books a lottttt......
haan saale i told u yesterday that harsha bhogle is coming to forum mall....y didn't u go there....u opened ur laptop, checked notification but still found nothing to do....i m disappointed dude :(

Ankesh at Talk said...

hahaha.... arre R Tagore bahut bade log hai... bas bahut dino se likh nahi pa raha tha... yaar aaj ekdum jane ka man nahi kar raha tha Forum iskiye nahi gaya... Sorry to disappoint u :)

Sohaib Akhtar said...

SUper bhai dikhadiye ki tum main woh tailent ekdum hain ekdum


Shoaib Akthar

Ankesh at Talk said...

Thanks a ton for appreciating Sohaib :)