Friday, January 29, 2010

Local Train at Delhi a complete no... / Pandit ji in Metro :)

More I am trying to do things right, trying for a better way, it's getting more complex and worse...

This is exactly what happened again, today... I went to okhala industrial estate in delhi. it's around 2 hour travel from my place and take around one and half hour in bus from Pragati maidan to the estate (traffic... my god where do people get so much money to buy cars ).When I decided to come back from the estate, I inquired for any possible alternate way to reach my place where I can avoid that honking traffic... To my surprise I found that there is near by railway station for local train. From there it will take 20 minutes to reach New Delhi station and I can catch the metro from there on to reach my place within one hour, otherwise it will take 2 hours ...and no more mad honking in the crawling traffic... I was delighted as I have enough experience in Kolkata to travel by Local trains and which is very convenient travel saves time as well... When I reach the Railway station at okhala it was 2:00 pm in my watch. I bought the ticket by standing in the queue dutifully... but I realize no buddy cares for the queue and for my surprise no one opposes if someone outside the queue comes and by the ticket.. Strange ... I urge anyone habituated to jump queue at delhi, please don't try this in Kolkata... you will risk your life if you want to break the queue... don’t believe me try once... :)... I was told, train is schedule to come at 2:30 pm... Ok very good... I will wait... all the seats were occupied on the platform ... so I had to stand and wait... I waited, waited and waited... My legs were trembling.. I could not stand any more... thankfully train came at 3:45.. I breathed some shy of relief... Entered the train... I saw very few heads in the compartment of the train.. I felt more relieved, now I can get a seat to relax after standing for so long... So I inched forward towards the seat... More surprise was waiting for me... Ladies (suppressed gender in our country : P) had made a temporary bed out of the seat, few completely stretched their body, few had stretched legs and some other posture... no place to seat... Again standing... God please help me... Thanks to a boy... a man actualy he walked to the gate and was enjoying the fresh air and left a seat vacant for me... ahhh I got a place to seat after 2 hours... Still waited for the train to zoom away from the station.... It took 45 minutes to blow the first whistle by the train.. I never felt so delighted to hear the train blowing the horn... It was 4:30 pm, train started... Hail Railways, thanks to God, meanwhile, a beautiful girl in blue jeans, violet tees and white jacket boarded the train and sat opposite me... This was the only good thing happened to me in whole day... and now I wanted the train to be delayed... lekin bhagwan ko kuch aur hi manjor tha... train reached the next station within 5 minutes and she deboarded the train... :( Worst happened after that, it took another 45 minutes to complete the remaining 15 minute journey... Kisi ne sahi hi kaha hai, jab kismat kharab ho to...:( :(

*******
Pandit Ji in Metro

Crowed Metro... Some how I mange to squeeze my self into the jostling passenger at New Delhi Metro station... Someone asked me beta Chandni chawk station kab aayega... Then I realize a Pandit ji in his dhoti and a long tikki ( ponytail :P :P) was strugling to manage his luggage and was desperte to get down at Chandni Chawak, which appranty two stopage from ND Metro Station... I explaind him.. it took three time repetition to clarify the exact number of stopage.. still he was not sure so he cross verified it with other fellow passenger struggling to find a place to rst his or her feet... So I after he was satisfied by his enquiry... He happily gave all of us a reason to smile... Very honestly he asked some one.... bhaiya itna bhid tha line me ki hum to ticket hi nahi le paye... A amusing shock!!! Every one smiled and asked how the hell he managed to cross the barrier with so much tight security and dodge that computerized verification machine at the metro... But Pandit ji was unperturbed, no sighn of tension... he was innocently smiling.. We all had a pleasant surprise...A ucnle was in mood of masti, he advised him "arre pandit ji thoda aasirwad de dijiyega security wala ko kuch nahi hoga, aaram se nikal jayega..." Pandit replied innocently "nahi bhaiya.. kya hoga jyada se jyada do danda marega na... kha lenge dande..."
I too joined the party and gave an experinced expert advise ( during school days I had surpassed that metro gate at Kolkata many time without ticket with friends .. yappiee :D)

Hope Pandit ji reached his destination safely...

P.S.- Personally, Now, I have to stop thinking to do things in a better way... It's both waste of time and resource (energy).
And for other Don't try Local train in Delhi... It simply sucks..

8 comments:

vicious said...

that was an interesting read ankesh ...

hope we get to read more about your experiences in delhi ...

vicious said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vicious said...

n ya i know about the queue thing in kolkata ..queue 4 buses at howrah station , queue for autos , queue 2 enter theatres and what not ,,,

we seem 2 b a disciplined lot :D

Uncommon Sense said...

i dont do things where i have to stand in queue.. and who made this stupid spelling for queue.. i didnt knew it, i copied from vici

Ankesh at Talk said...

@Vicious

Surely dear u will hear many interesting experience of mine at Delhi..

Ya we at Kolkata-ites are very disciple.. we fight too much for basic rights... too much.. See how many bandh we call, any one make the state stand... for a basic question... :D :D

Ankesh at Talk said...

@ US

gr8 buddy, never stand or do nythin which require u too stand in queue if u haven't done till now...
Actualy we are use to stand in queue, follow the gentleman norms... dis is part of Kolkata's everyday life and it has stuck with me... :)

Indra said...

that cool but yar ....the beauty incident in train ..was only good if u can grab something....
..............yor being in garden is only good if u can pick the flower,,,,,,,,,,,

Ankesh at Talk said...

@Indra

What can I do when when flower is being plucked even a could smell it properly ... :)