Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mising Pakwan at holi



Happy Holi to all!


Holi at Hyderabad seems very colour less. There is hardly any sign of colours on the street no pichkari shop. Tomorrow is holi and I have seen only one person painted in colour. Its very unusual for me . I have enjoyed holi every year with friend and family, ran around the city chasing friends. Holi is not only about colour, its also about different pakode, sweets, dahibada and many other food stuff. And the from last four years since I went to college, holi has brought new style of holi kapda phad holi( before college I was not into kapda phad holi, instead i use to look in disdain to the people who vetern in this kapda phad holi....lot has changed in college...:-)! ). This year I am not going to bath for hours to remove colour from my body, no besan ka lotion and multani meeti for my glowing skin..:-). I called mummy today and she asked me Do you had ur pakoda?....I said no..there is no one here to fry pakoda for me here..she asked me to go and by some from outside....Sadly there is hardly any pakoda one can find here in Hyderabad except that tanda pirchi ka pakoda....I felt like crying today....Please god send me some pakwan in my dreams......


Yaar some times the diversity of south India from north really make us feel as if I am in some other country than India.....


O koi gal nahi...phir koi holi purani holi ki tarah hogi...

1 comment:

abhishek gupta said...

hmm...

kha to liya pakoda..aur kitna khayega...:)

saala chhutti bhi nahi diya..nahi to apne me hi khel lete holi..koi ni...soch lenge is baar holi aaayi hi nahi..


m bhi..witing 4 nxt holi