Monday, October 6, 2008

One day of Charity"Leads to more lacerated expectation"

One evening Someone called Nilopher,a satyamite, came to us asking to donate money and come along wid her to d orphanage...everyone felt d excitement of doing d charity...Den started d real blabbering...she was on..talking like anything about good thing associated wid charity..She was going gaga...n in between she told " I will make sure dat who r participating in d charity work will be appreciated". The last word "appreciation" shooked my soul...i felt d rage.. r we r going to do dis charity for appreciation..do i need appreciation by someone to involve myself into charity...Dis question shattered me..n in rage i almost had an argument wid her... Watever, i went dere wid my friends..I saw most of dem very excited to meet d dejected childs..who r suffering becoz of somebody's cosy n playful nights..But somewhere inside of me i was not comfortable wid all dis..becoz i knew, dis one day of our heartful charity wouldnt do much good but it will make dose child to expect d next day full of choclate and hugs n love.. But i knew d next day would be same as usual..no choclate no one to hug.....
Dere was few words, continously belling into my ears, of dose child wid whom i spent last six month of my college life, teaching dem sharing my time wid dem..But every day dey use to ask me d same question "Bhaiya aap kal aaoge na??" dey had only one expectation from me dat i will be dere wid dem everyday becoz of d life dey were living since dere birth of no love n life full of dejection , why becoz dey were child of prostitutes..becoz few of dem didnt knew who dere father n mother was..Dere were few girl in dat group who were raped by dere father itself..It was a shattering experience for me. In dose days i realy came to face how hard life can hit u..
When i left my colg every day i thought of dose guys.. d expectation dey had from me was not dere any more..dere expectation was once again lacerated.. It was usual for dem..every few month dey had someone coming n leaving dem , making dere lif more difficult by ventilating dere misarable life for few months n leaving dem more shattered n making dem believe dis is d life dat dey have to bear....dey r d special one chosen by d God...Rubbish....

2 comments:

Tarun Goel said...

Truth boy Truth, this is the truth, this is how the world moves and this is what made me laugh.

AmitASH said...

very much true ankesh..I revere those folks who are doing their bit for that lesser priveleged lot of the society without seeking any appreciation..Ive high regards for such altruistic people but I feel I'm not at one with you on some matters & I may contradict here if you grant.
For lesser mortals like us..don't we feel good & get spirited if someone acknowledges and appreciates us for any good deeds of us..?the fact is we do..
N I find nothin wrong in it altogether ..at least its driving us to be enthusiastic about it n do even better..will u call it phoney if somebody gets inspired by the appreciation someone receives and which eventually prompts him to kick off some good deed on his part...?
The point is 'appreciation' is not bad as long as its inciting and inspiring somebody for good..else who on earth would think high of the Nobels n Magsasays....!!!!!